The Floral Conservatory is a wonderful place for many events – BUT there are very real limitations to our space and restrictions on what can and cannot be done in our facility. Before you book, it’s important that you look over the following and also take a walk through the space to ensure it will meet your needs.
When can I rent?
We take bookings seven days a week from 1:00 to 4:30, September to June.
- You may book from 11:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. IF we have volunteer staff available.
- The Conservatory closes for the summer at the end of the second Sunday in June and opens the Tuesday following Labour Day.
- We do not take bookings on Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, or Easter Sunday
What does it cost?
- The rental rate is $120/hour.
- There is a1 hour minimum rental period
What are my payment options?
- Cash or cheque
- We do not take deposits
- We require payment in full at the time of booking to secure your booking.
How many people can I invite?
- We can accommodate up to 40 people during open hours (1:00 – 4:30)
- If your event begins at 4:30 or later you can have a maximum of 60 people
- With exception of Service Animals, pets are not allowed during open hours
Will I have exclusive use of the conservatory?
- NO – not during our open hours of 1:00 to 4:30. The Conservatory remains open to the public during rentals.
- We do advise drop-in visitors when there is a rented event in progress and ask that they be respectful.
How long should I book?
- You know best how long your event will run. A small wedding with a Marriage Commissioner plus a few photos can be done easily in an hour.
- Remember to allow time for anything you need to do before your guests arrive – setting up tables and chairs and placing centerpieces, table linens etc. can take up to an hour, depending on how many you need and how many helpers you have – and for putting things away afterwards.
- Remember to include time in your rental for your guests to arrive and leave comfortably. You must keep to your rental time – we do allow “breathing room” between our bookings, but there will often be another event booked before or after yours.
What is included with my rental?
- We provide the amazing atmosphere of a tropical garden!
- We provide tables and chairs if you need them.
- Everything else … all food, drink, table linens, dishes, cutlery etc. – is your responsibility.
Who sets up/puts away the tables and chairs?
- You are responsible for setting up and taking down any chairs or tables you require.
- You must include the time you require in your total rental time.
- For anything more complicated than a few chairs, we strongly encourage you to visit the Conservatory in advance of your event and map out your table/chair placement. DON’T leave it until the ‘day of’!!
- We make available at no charge a small table and couple of chairs suitable for the wedding register
What about food and drink?
- We cannot accommodate buffets or sit-down meals. Finger foods, appetizers, cakes, dainties are fine.
- You or your caterer are responsible for bringing in and taking away all food and beverages.
- If you are serving alcohol, you must obtain a Special Occasion Permit and take it to the Conservatory in advance of the function. The permit must be posted in the facility for the duration of the event. (Permits are available from SLGA stores and franchises or online at www.saskliquor.com.)
- You will also need Party Alcohol Liability Insurance of $5 million. The Conservatory is the property of the City of Regina and the City requires this insurance for any event serving alcohol. It is available from many Saskatchewan insurance brokers. Proof of insurance is required in advance of the event.
What about rehearsals?
- You are free to do an informal walk through of the venue at no charge during our open hours.
- If you need to bring the officiant and full wedding party in for a formal rehearsal, you will need to pre-book a time at the regular rental rate.
Can I play music?
- Yes – you can play music from your mobile device through our sound system
- We have speakers throughout the display area
- You must arrange for one of your guests to play your music selections.
- We do not provide a microphone.
What kind of “decorating” can I do?
Our floral displays change throughout the year. Each one is artfully created by our volunteers to complement the season and provide an aesthetically pleasing ambiance for our visitors.
- You CANNOT:
- stand or sit on the brick retaining walls
- move or remove any plant material or display props.
- add any plant or other material to the display
- hang lights of any sort in the display area.
- scatter confetti or rice
- You CAN:
- place centrepieces or other decorations on your tables
- use votive and Unity candles only
- scatter flower petals IF you use limited quantities and clean it all up at the end of your event.
What if I have to cancel?
- With at least TWO months’ notice, 75% of payment will be refunded.
- With less than two months’ notice, there will be no refund..
How do I arrange my rental?
Just fill out the Request to Rent form here.
- You will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. If you do not get the confirmation email that means the request has not been completed. Please be sure to enter the correct encryption and press submit.
- When we get the Request, we’ll check the date for availability
- If the date works, we’ll send you a Rental Agreement and ask you to return it with your payment
- Your booking will be considered final only when we have your completed and signed Rental Agreement AND your full payment.