Everything you need to know about Rentals
The Floral Conservatory is a wonderful place for many events – but there are very real limitations to our space and restrictions on what can and cannot be done in our facility. Before you book, it’s important that you look over the following and take a walk through the space to ensure it will meet your needs.
We charge a flat fee of $100 an hour for all stand alone photography sessions except spontaneous, casual snapshots taken with a mobile device for personal use or classes of students accompanied by a teacher using the facility for photography practice from time to time. If you book the Conservatory for a celebration (wedding, birthday, anniversary etc.) photos are permitted within your rental time without an additional charge.
We are open to the public seven days a week from 1:00 to 4:30 pm. We close for the summer at the end of the second Sunday in June and open again the Tuesday following Labour Day.
WHAT SPACE IS AVAILABLE TO ME?
- We rent the floral display space itself.
- The meeting room and kitchen are not available for renters’ use.
- During open hours, any tables and chairs must be restricted to the east end of the display area (the far end opposite the entry).
WHEN CAN I RENT?
- You may book with us during open hours seven days a week.
- We do not take bookings on Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, or Easter Sunday.
- If we have volunteers available, you can book from 11:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
- The rental rates are as follows:
- – one hour rental – $160.
- – two hour rental – $300.
- – three hour rental – $425.
- – four hour rental – $520.
- – five hour rental – $640.
- – six hour rental – $720
- There is a minimum one-hour rental period; you can add 30 minutes to any booking for a fixed cost of $80.
- e.g. 1.5 hours, $160 + $80 = $240; 2.5 hours, $300 + $80 = $380.
PHOTOGRAPHY RENTAL RATE
- $100 per hour
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- E-transfer (Preferred), cash, or cheque.
- We do not take deposits.
- We require payment in full to secure your booking.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN I INVITE?
- During open hours, you can have no more that twenty (20) people at your event.
- Before/after open hours, you can have a maximum of sixty (60) people at your event.
- With the exception of service animals, pets are not allowed during open hours.
WILL I HAVE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE CONSERVATORY?
- You will not have exclusive use of the facility during open hours. The Conservatory remains open to the public during rentals.
- We do advise visitors when there is a rented event in progress and ask that they be respectful.
- Booking is on a “first-come/first-served;” we do not double book rental events.
HOW LONG SHOULD I BOOK?
- You know best how long your event will run. A small wedding with a Marriage Commissioner plus a few photos can be done easily in an hour.
- But remember to allow time for anything you need to do before your guests arrive and for putting things away afterwards. Setting up tables and chairs and placing centerpieces, table linens etc. can take up to an hour, depending on how elaborate your set-up is and how many helpers you have.
- And also remember to include time in your rental for your guests to arrive and leave comfortably.
- You must keep to your rental time – but there will often be another event booked before or after yours.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH MY RENTAL?
- We provide the amazing atmosphere of a tropical garden!
- We provide tables and chairs if you need them.
- Everything else…all food, drink, table linens, dishes, cutlery etc. – is your responsibility.
- We have a small table and couple of chairs in the rental space that you may use for the wedding register.
WHO SETS UP/PUTS AWAY THE TABLES AND CHAIRS?
- You are responsible for setting up and taking down any chairs or tables you require.
- You must include the time you require in your total rental time.
- For anything more complicated than a few chairs, we strongly encourage you to visit the Conservatory in advance of your event and map out your table/chair placement. Don’t leave it until the “day of”!
HOW ABOUT FOOD & DRINK?
- We cannot easily accommodate buffets or sit-down meals. Finger foods, appetizers, cakes, dainties are best for our facilities.
- You or your caterer are responsible for bringing in and taking away all food and beverages.
- Please make sure your caterer/decorator is aware of the relevant information regarding rentals.
- If you are serving alcohol, you must obtain a Special Occasion Permit and take it to the Conservatory in advance of the function. The permit must be posted in the facility for the duration of the event. (Permits are available from SLGA stores and franchises or online at www.saskliquor.com).
- You will also need Party Alcohol Liability Insurance of $5 million. The Conservatory is the property of the City of Regina and the City requires this insurance for any event serving alcohol. It is available from many Saskatchewan insurance brokers. Proof of insurance is required in advance of the event.
WHAT ABOUT REHEARSALS?
- You are free to do an informal walk through of the venue at no charge during our open hours.
- If you need to bring the officiant and full wedding party in for a formal rehearsal, you will need to pre-book a time at the regular rental rate.
CAN I TAKE WEDDING PICTURES?
- You are welcome to have your wedding photographs taken during the time you have rented for your ceremony. There is no additional charge.
- If you have your wedding ceremony elsewhere and would like to do your photos at the Conservatory, you must book a time with us. The photography flat fee will apply.
CAN I PLAY MUSIC?
- Yes – you can play music from your mobile device through our sound system.
- We have speakers throughout the display area.
- You must arrange for one of your guests to play your music selections.
- We do not provide a microphone.
WHAT KIND OF “DECORATING” CAN I DO?
Our floral displays change throughout the year. Our volunteers artfully create each one to complement the season and provide an aesthetically pleasing ambiance for our visitors.
- You Cannot:
- stand or sit on the brick retaining walls
- move or remove any plant material or display props
- add any plant or other material to the display
- hang lights of any sort in the display area
- attach anything (balloons, banners etc.) to plant material or fixed structures in the display area
- scatter confetti or rice
- You can:
- place centerpieces or other decorations on your tables
- use votive and Unity candles only
- scatter flower petals only if you use limited quantities and clean it up at the end of your event.
AND IF I HAVE TO CANCEL….?
- With at least two (2) months’ notice, 75% of payment will be refunded.
- With less than two months’ notice, there will be no refund.
- If at any point we find it necessary to cancel your rental for circumstances beyond our control, you will receive a full refund .
HOW DO I ARRANGE MY RENTAL?
- Fill out and submit the Rental Request Form or Photography Request Form OR pick up a form at the Floral Conservatory (1450B Fourth Avenue)
- We will check the date for availability and, if the date works, send you a Rental Agreement and ask you to return it with your payment
- Your booking will be considered final only when we receive your completed Rental Agreement and payment in full.