In response to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, and with the recommendations to reduce social gatherings in an effort to curtail the spread of this virus, we are following the guidelines of Saskatchewan re-open plans.
We hope to re-open in December and to be able to allow limited rentals.
Everything is tentative at this time.
We will monitor the situation daily and will provide any new developments as necessary through our website and other communication channels as required.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Everything you need to know about Rentals
The Floral Conservatory is a wonderful place for many events – but there are very real limitations to our space and restrictions on what can and cannot be done in our facility. Before you book, it’s important that you look over the following and take a walk through the space to ensure it will meet your needs. PLEASE BE SURE TO READ OUR COVID INFORMATION AS WELL.
We charge a flat fee of $100 an hour for all photography except spontaneous, casual snapshots taken with a mobile device for personal use or classes of students accompanied by a teacher using the facility for photography practice from time to time.
We are open to the public Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons from 1:00 to 4:30. We close for the summer at the end of the second Sunday in June and open again the Tuesday following Labour Day.
WHAT SPACE IS AVAILABLE TO ME?
- We rent the floral display space itself.
- The meeting room and kitchen are not available for renters’ use.
- During open hours, any tables and chairs must be restricted to the east end of the display area (the far end opposite the entry).
WHEN CAN I RENT?
- We offer rentals ONLY when we are NOT OPEN to the public, September to June.
- You may book in the following time periods: Monday through Wednesday – 11:00 am to 8:00 pm. Thursday through Sunday – 11:00 am to 1:00 pm and 4:30 to 8:00 pm.
- We do not take bookings on Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, or Easter Sunday.
- The following rental periods are available
- One hour, two hours and three hours
- You can not rent any portion of an hour
- You can not rent for less than one hour or more than three hours
WHAT DOES IT COST?
- The rental rates are as follows:
- – one hour rental – $160.
- – two hour rental – $300.
- – three hour rental – $425.
- There is a minimum rental period of 1 hour.
PHOTOGRAPHY RENTAL RATE
- $100 per hour
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- E-transfer only (please contact us if this is not possible for you).
- We do not take deposits.
- We require payment in full to secure your booking.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN I INVITE?
- To allow for social distancing, we are limited to 30 people in the facility.
WILL I HAVE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE CONSERVATORY?
- You will not have exclusive use of the facility during open hours. The Conservatory remains open to the public during rentals.
- We do advise visitors when there is a rented event in progress and ask that they be respectful.
- Booking is on a “first-come/first-served;” we do not double book rental events.
HOW LONG SHOULD I BOOK?
- You know best how long your event will run. A small wedding with a Marriage Commissioner plus a few photos can be done easily in an hour.
- But remember to allow time for anything you need to do before your guests arrive and for putting things away afterwards. Setting up tables and chairs and placing centerpieces, table linens etc. can take up to an hour, depending on how elaborate your set-up is and how many helpers you have.
- And also remember to include time in your rental for your guests to arrive and leave comfortably.
- You must keep to your rental time – but there will often be another event booked before or after yours.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH MY RENTAL?
- We provide the amazing atmosphere of a tropical garden!
- We provide tables and chairs if you need them.
- Everything else…all food, drink, table linens, dishes, cutlery etc. – is your responsibility.
- We have a small table and couple of chairs in the rental space that you may use for the wedding register.
- Tables and chairs will be storedfor 72 hours before being used again.
WHO SETS UP/PUTS AWAY THE TABLES AND CHAIRS?
- You are responsible for setting up and taking down any chairs or tables you require.
- You must include the time you require in your total rental time.
- For anything more complicated than a few chairs, we strongly encourage you to visit the Conservatory in advance of your event and map out your table/chair placement. Don’t leave it until the “day of”!
HOW ABOUT FOOD & DRINK?
- We cannot easily accommodate buffets or sit-down meals. Finger foods, appetizers, cakes, dainties are best for our facilities.
- You or your caterer are responsible for bringing in and taking away all food and beverages.
- Please make sure your caterer/decorator is aware of the relevant information regarding rentals.
– If you are serving alcohol, you must obtain a Special Occasion Permit and take it to the Conservatory in advance of the function. The permit must be posted in the facility for the duration of the event. (Permits are available from SLGA stores and franchises or online at www.saskliquor.com).
- You will also need Party Alcohol Liability Insurance of $5 million. The Conservatory is the property of the City of Regina and the City requires this insurance for any event serving alcohol. It is available from many Saskatchewan insurance brokers. Proof of insurance is required in advance of the event.
WHAT ABOUT REHEARSALS?
- You are free to do an informal walk through of the venue at no charge during our open hours.
- If you need to bring the officiant and full wedding party in for a formal rehearsal, you will need to pre-book a time at the regular rental rate.
CAN I TAKE WEDDING PICTURES?
- You are welcome to have your wedding photographs taken during the time you have rented for your ceremony. There is no additional charge.
- If you have your wedding ceremony elsewhere and would like to do your photos at the Conservatory, you must book a time with us. The photography flat fee will apply.
CAN I PLAY MUSIC?
- Yes – you can play music from your mobile device through our sound system.
- We have speakers throughout the display area.
- You must arrange for one of your guests to play your music selections.
- We do not provide a microphone.
WHAT KIND OF “DECORATING” CAN I DO?
Our floral displays change throughout the year. Each one is artfully created by our volunteers to complement the season and provide an aesthetically pleasing ambiance for our visitors.
- You Cannot:
- stand or sit on the brick retaining walls
- move or remove any plant material or display props
- add any plant or other material to the display
- hang lights of any sort in the display area
- attach anything (balloons, banners etc.) to plant material or fixed structures in the display area
- scatter confetti or rice
- You can:
- place centerpieces or other decorations on your tables
- use votive and Unity candles only
- scatter confetti or rice
AND IF I HAVE TO CANCEL….?
- With at least two (2) months’ notice, 75% of payment will be refunded.
- With less than two months’ notice, there will be no refund.
- You will receive a full refund if at any point we find it necessary to cancel your rental due to closure of the facility, or the imposition of additional guidelines that may affect your rental, by health or government authorities.
HOW DO I ARRANGE MY RENTAL?
- Fill out and submit the Rental Request Form or Photography Request Form OR pick up a form at the Floral Conservatory (1450B Fourth Avenue)
- We will check the date for availability and, if the date works, send you a Rental Agreement and ask you to return it with your payment
- Your booking will be considered final only when we receive your completed Rental Agreement and payment in full.